Introducing Curbside Service
Beginning May 18
HPL is offering curbside service! We will pull up to ten items for you weekly and bring them right out to you for contactless delivery. (Items from other libraries are not available at this time.)
We appreciate your patience. For everyone’s safety, a limited number of staff are in the building at any time. Services may take a little longer than usual.
We will pull up to ten items per patron per week.
• Place items on hold using HPL’s catalog or call us 10am-6pm Monday through Friday and 10am-5pm on Saturday at 630.986.1976.
• HPL staff will notify you when your items are ready.
• PLEASE wait until notification before coming to the Library.
• Items will be checked out on your account and held for three days after notification.
• Curbside pickup is available between 9am–12pm Monday through Saturday.
• Park in one of the numbered spaces on Maple Street, just east of Washington Street.
• Call or text the number on the sign in your space. We will need your name and space number.
• Open your trunk. (If you need to exit your car, please do so and return to your vehicle before HPL staff arrive.)
• Staff will place bagged items in and close your trunk.
Returns: Please return all items to the book drop in the Circle Drive. (Computers, kits, or other oversize items that won’t fit in the book drop should be kept at home for now.) STAFF CANNOT ACCEPT RETURNS AT CURBSIDE. The book drop is open Monday at 9am-Saturday at 5pm. After items are returned, we are quarantining them for 3 days. They will remain on your account during this time; your account will not be affected.
Limit: At this time, we ask that you pick up items no more than once per week.
Walking or biking? No problem! Simply enter a space and call or text the number on the sign. A staff member will bring out your bagged items and place them on the curb or at least six feet away.
Other FAQs can be answered here.