In Case You Missed It
Notary services are available at the Library by appointment. Some restrictions apply. Call 630.570.4002 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule an appointment with one of our staff notaries.
- Bring a current photo ID with a signature, issued by a U.S. state or federal government.
- Do not sign or date documents ahead of time. They must be signed in the presence of the notary.
- If witnesses are required in addition to a notary, users must provide their own witnesses. The library cannot provide witnesses; library patrons may not be solicited as witnesses.
- All blank spaces, except for the signature and date, should be filled in prior to arriving for notarization. Notaries may not notarize a document with any blank spaces.
- Library notaries are not permitted to communicate with a notary service guest through a translator.
- Notaries are regulated by Illinois law. Notary staff will not notarize documents that do not follow such laws and regulations. Notaries will not prepare or complete documents for you, nor can they give legal advice on any matters.
- In accordance with Illinois notarial law, notaries will not provide service if the guest’s document or circumstances of the request for notary service raise any issues of authenticity, ambiguity, doubt, or uncertainty for the library. In this event, the library notary may, at their sole discretion, decline to provide notary service.
- If you need someone for real estate or 24-hour notary service, search notary public listings.