If you are interested in submitting a 3-D design please review the following policies before submitting your design:
The library’s 3D printers may be used only for lawful purposes.
They may not be used to create materials that:
• Are prohibited by local, state, or federal law;
• Are unsafe, harmful, dangerous, or which pose an immediate threat to the well-being of others (including, in the view of staff, any items that resemble a weapon);
• Are inappropriate for the library environment; or
• Violate another person’s property rights. For example, the printers may not be used to reproduce objects or materials that are subject to copyright, patent, or trademark protection.
The printer will print an object in a single color. Color preferences may be submitted, but the library determines the color of the filament based on availability. Library staff reserve the right to resize projects, if necessary, due to availability of material. Print jobs may take up to two weeks to complete. Due to the amount of time it takes to print an object, the number of requests received, and staff availability, the Library cannot guarantee that a print job will be ready on a specific day.
Library staff review every object file before it is printed. The Library reserves all rights to:
• Refuse any request.
• Stop the project due to time or equipment capabilities.
• Set a limit as to the maximum amount of time a project may take.
• Set a price for projects.
• Limit the number of requests.
• Limit access to 3D Printing Services to Hinsdale Public Library cardholders