Collection Services Associate
Hours: 15 hours/week. Monday – Friday, exact schedule to be determined.
Salary: $15-$17/hour DOQ
Do you like making sure Patrons can find materials? Making sure that materials get into the patron’s hands? We are seeking a detail-oriented and self-motivated individual for our Collection Services team.
Responsibilities include processing serials, processing library books and updating catalog records. Additionally, this position may assist with material check-in and shelving.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- 6 months experience in a library environment
- Ability to learn and operate computer applications and programs
- Must be able to keyboard, sort and file alphabetically and numerically
- Ability to lift/carry/grip individual books weighing up to 20 pounds and visual acuity to read fine print and numbers
- Ability to perform tasks with accuracy and attention to detail
- Good interpersonal skills and the ability to maintain and foster cooperative and courteous working relationship with the public, peers, supervisors and across departments
Applications accepted through May 9, 2022.
Send cover letter and resume to Emily Borsa, Collection Services Manager, at email@example.com Hinsdale Public Library is an equal opportunity employer.
Youth & Young Adult Services Library Assistant
Hours: 17.5 hours/week. Daytime, evening, and weekend hours required, exact schedule to be determined.
The Hinsdale Public Library is seeking an enthusiastic, creative, service-oriented Youth and Young Adult Services Library Assistant to fill a part-time position. Qualified candidates will enjoy interacting with children and their families, have excellent communication and customer service skills, appreciate children’s literature, and work well in a team environment. Responsibilities include: Youth Services desk duties, including readers’ advisory; creating, preparing, and performing storytimes along with other youth programming; outreach services to schools, and other community partners; participate in library special events; other duties as assigned
Requirements: Bachelor’s degree, LTA certificate/certification, or equivalent in experience required. Knowledge of children’s and YA literature, information searching, library programming, and current library technology preferred.
The application deadline is open until filled. Send resume, letter of application, and three references to Lisa Winchell, Youth & Young Adult Services Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Hinsdale Public Library is an equal opportunity employer.
Adult Services Librarian (Part-Time)
We’re excited to welcome our next energetic, confident, and customer service-oriented part-time adult services librarian. As part of our 9-person team, you’ll be working collaboratively to provide high quality reference, reader’s advisory, and technology assistance, maintain and enhance our collections, assist in running programs and services for adults of all ages, and get outside our doors to bring the library to the wider community.
A successful librarian in this role will be flexible, curious, and passionate about serving their community. Developing and implementing projects collaboratively is essential to this position.
Candidates who stand out will also have demonstrated experience:
- purchasing and maintaining collections
- providing exceptional reader’s advisory services
- using and offering instruction for technology and digital media services (printers and scanners, photo and editing software, etc.)
- creating new and deeper ways of engaging with different segments in the community.
Qualifications include an MLS or MLIS from an ALA accredited graduate school. Hinsdale Public Library is an equal opportunity employer.
To Apply: Applications accepted until position is filled. Send resume, cover letter, and three references to Lizzy Boden, Adult Services Manager, at email@example.com. No phone calls please.