Patron Services Associate
Hours: 15 hours/week average, including some nights and weekends.
Salary: $13.00-$14.50/hour depending on qualifications
Hinsdale Public Library is seeking an innovative, friendly, and energetic candidates to join our Patron Services Department.
Responsibilities include providing a high quality customer experience to patrons in person, on the phone, and in writing, managing patron accounts, handling circulation procedures, and explaining library policies to the public in a professional manner.
Qualified candidates will have a high school diploma or equivalent, be flexible and possess a strong commitment to customer service and teamwork. Customer service experience is preferred.
Submit letter of application, resume, and three references by September 22 to Martha Kennedy, email@example.com, Patron Services Manager. No phone calls.
Youth and Young Adult Services Manager
We’re looking for a talented and creative leader who is passionate about connecting children and families to the Library and nurturing a talented and collaborative staff.
Reporting to the Youth Services Manager are three full-time librarians, one part-time librarian, and three paraprofessional staff members. The ideal candidate for this position will have experience supporting staff, fostering innovation, and bringing the Library out into the community.
- Plan for and measure the department’s delivery of reference and readers’ advisory services, collection development, programming, and introducing and supporting new technologies
- Hire, train, evaluate and coordinate the work of staff delivering these services
- Work directly with patrons, providing exceptional reference and RA service
- Participate in outreach events and present youth programming
- Work with Adult Services staff to support high school students, especially as volunteers
- Manage department budgets
- Create and manage relationships with other agencies and groups serving children
- Contribute to the Library’s active Management Team—working with the Library’s Board, Administration, and other department managers to plan and execute innovative programs and services for our patrons
- MLS or MLIS from an ALA accredited graduate school
- Five years’ experience in a public service position, preferably in a public library
- Two years supervisory experience, or comparable responsibility
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to provide excellent customer service
Salary: $55,000 — $68,000, DOQ.
Preference given to applications received by September 29, 2021.
Please send resume and letter of interest to:
Karen Keefe, Executive Director