Patron Services Associate
Hours: 16 hours/week average, including some nights and weekends
Salary: $15.00-$17.00/hour depending on qualifications
The Hinsdale Public Library is seeking an engaged, friendly, and energetic candidate to join our Patron Services Department.
Responsibilities include providing a high quality customer experience to patrons in person, on the phone, and in writing. As part of the Library’s frontline department, you will be managing patron accounts, handling circulation procedures, addressing billing issues and explaining library policies to the public in a professional manner. Candidates who have strong interpersonal and problem solving skills and enjoy building community relationships are encouraged to apply.
Qualified candidates will have a high school diploma or equivalent, be flexible, able to learn and operate computer applications and programs, and possess a strong commitment to customer service and teamwork. Customer service experience is preferred.
Submit letter of application, resume, and three references by email to Martha Kennedy, Patron Services Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications accepted until September 9.
Salary/Benefits: $17–$20/hour, DOQ
The Hinsdale Public Library is seeking a friendly, innovative, energetic candidate to join our IT & Facilities Department.
Responsibilities include providing help desk support to Library staff and assisting in maintenance and use of both public and staff computers, peripherals, printers, and related equipment. Candidates with strong technology skills and great customer service are encouraged to apply.
Qualified candidates will possess:
- Experience with Windows 10
- Understanding of networking, switches, routers, firewalls, DHCP and DNS
- Ability to learn and operate computer applications and programs
- Ability to perform complicated technical projects with minimal guidance
- Ability to maintain concentration and to quickly and efficiently handle a variety of duties in the proper order of priority
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to maintain and foster cooperative and courteous working relationship with the public, peers, supervisors and across departments
- Good oral and written communication skills, including explaining technical subjects to non-technical staff and library patrons
- Positive attitude and passion to learn
- Weekday availability
Full job description available here.
Applications accepted until position is filled; preference given to applications received by August 15. Send resume, letter of application, and three references to Robert Bell, IT & Facilities Manager, at email@example.com. Hinsdale Public Library is an equal opportunity employer.