Library Services FAQ
FAQ: Library Services During COVID
- Is the Library open?
- Yes. Effective February 4, the building is open with limited services.
- Computers, tables/chairs, newspapers, and children’s toys/computers are unavailable at this time.
- Is curbside still available?
- Yes! Curbside service is available from 10am-1pm Monday through Saturday. Learn more here.
- How can I stay connected to the Library?
- Call us at 630.986.1976. We are available 10am-6pm Monday through Friday and 10am-5pm on Saturday.
- Email email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, or email@example.com.
- Follow us on social media on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and YouTube.
- Sign up for our eNewsletter.
- How can I check out materials?
- The Library is open for “grab and go” services including browsing and checkout. Contactless curbside pickup is also available for Hinsdale cardholders. Learn more about that service here.
- How can I download digital content?
- The Library offers eBooks, eAudiobooks, magazines, music, and movies for download or streaming. Get started at our Downloadables page.
- I don’t know my PIN. Can I reset it?
- Visit the Hinsdale Library catalog page and click My Account.
- I am a Hinsdale resident, but I don’t have a library card. Can I apply for one online?
- Yes, you can apply for a card online. A physical card will be mailed to you. Apply here.
- Can I return items or drop off donations?
- The book drop is open Monday at 9am through Saturday at 5pm.
- Please do not hand anything directly to a staff member or return items anywhere but the book drop in Circle Drive.
- We cannot accept donations at this time. Please do not put donations in the book drop.
- I returned items, but they are still on my account.
- After items are returned, we are quarantining them for 3 days. They will remain on your account during this time; your account will not be affected.
- Can I get items from other libraries?
- Yes, items can be requested from other libraries.
- Will the Library have new materials?
- New items are being ordered, and we are processing as fast as the shipments come in!
- How are you handling and disinfecting materials?
- Out of an abundance of caution, materials returned to HPL are quarantined for three days. We may review the quarantine period as we move forward.
- How are staff staying safe?
- All Library staff have access to personal protective equipment (PPE) and are trained on hygiene requirements and infection control practices. Inside the building, staff are practicing social distancing and handling materials only when necessary.
Programs and meetings
- Are there programs?
- Yes! All of our programs will be presented virtually or can take place at home with Library-provided materials. Check out our Events page.
- Are meeting and study rooms available for booking?
- The Library will keep meeting rooms and study rooms closed until a new service phase allowing for group activity is reached.
Trusted Resources for COVID-19
- Local and national sources for COVID-19 information is available here.